Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Lab meeting 2008.10.8
Quick meeting this week, many small announcements...
1. CA has arrived - and has met everyone but YH. She also brought some nice souvenirs from Colombia with her. TF is addicted to them already. Welcome to the lab!
2. From next week (Oct. 15th) we will have small presentations during the lab meetings every week. If he is here, MO will show pictures from Singapore.
3. For students who have not paid, please pay JDR for 1) Hedo camping, and 2) JCRS air tickets. Thank you.
4. Tank management will start next week, rotating turns as detailed last week. You do not necessarily have to get water yourself if you arrange for someone else to get some.
5. Wish list - MISE has a bit of extra budget. Write your ideas down on the list on the fridge in the student room.
6. This weekend, FS and JDR will take CA to the beach for a snorkel. Place and date to be announced on Friday. We may have a BBQ too, as we have extra charcoal left over from Hedo camping. All welcome!
7. Yakiniku this Friday night. We will leave the university around 6:30 pm. All welcome. Location: Chatan.
8. The eMac is now hooked up to the net, so feel free to use it for pictures, net, or music.
9. YH needs to explain the lab rules to YS, who will make a sheet.
10. Two new iBooks arrive tomorrow for CA and YI.
11. All 3rds years - buy slippers for the lab ASAP, and CA too!
Have a nice weekend, and check out this link (look at the bottom right corner)!
Oh yes, MR says thanks thanks thanks for the wanwan!
Today's picture: Tasty-looking lobster from Oku. All we took were photos. Photo: FS.