Friday, January 30, 2009
Lab meeting 2009.1.14
Sorry for the delay on posting; JDR has been swamped with work and tests to mark. But finally things are looking better...
Anyways, there are a backlog of information posts, so here is the first one.
Meeting Weds., Jan. 14, 2009
1. Tanks this week: MH
2. Center University Entrance examinations this weekend; only students with permits are allowed on campus.
3. JDR is going to the ocean on the 16th with YS and YM. Interested people contact JDR.
4. 15th pm, CA will do experiments.
5. 20th am, JDR, CA, YM, YI, TF will go to Kadena Marina to look at wetsuits.
6. From next week lab meetings will be from 16:20 now that we have no seminars. This way CA can attend after her Japanese class.
7. ES and TF will go to Odo this week.
8. YM: according to Okinawa Pref., permits are needing for soft coral sampling when SCUBA diving, evidently since last year, but nothing is yet enforced. We may submit permits in the future through the Biology office.
9. FS will go to Hokkaido Feb 20-28th, then March 1-3 in Chiba, and Japan Cnidarian meeting (NCB) March 4-6. Diving on March 7th. Interested people contact him.
10. FS is also thinking of Ogasawara during Golden Week.
Shopping: Underwater writing slates (5 or 6).
Today's photo is of YH working at Odo marking Palythoa colonies.